Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Busy Again






All of a sudden I am very busy in Buenos Aires. It is a nice busy though, after having been kind of a bum recently. The good news is that I was offered an internship position for a boutique company specializing in luxury vacation rentals. Check out the website:

http://www.oasisba.com/

The apartments listed are all stunning and in the best locations in BsAs. The office is made up of 4 other girls: 3 Americans, 1 British, and 1 portena. I got to attend a work party celebrating the launching of a new office in Brazil. The party took place in a chic bar in Palermo Soho. The most enjoyable part of the night was watching 3 hired Brazilian dances shake their stuff on the dance floor... one even forcing M G to dance which was pretty hilarious(pictures of the night are below).

Restaurant Review:
La Cholita: Rodriguez Peña 1165
Well I had my first true love affair with beef at this restaurant, next door to and under the same owner as Cumana. So far I had just had small tastes of M G's beef and have not been extremely impressed. Whatever he got here though was just incredibly tender, tasty, and juicy! Now I understand and now I actually want to go back and order carne carne carne! Once again though there was not even a choice about the side... papas fritas. I had a vegetarian quesadilla which was good but nothing spectacular. Obviously the best option at this restaurant is anything from the parilla which takes up the entire back of the restaurant. The atmosphere here is just like in Cumana: candles on the tables and always crowded without much space to move around.


Observations
  • I thought America was lazy but here everything you could possibly need/want can be delivered. On most any store there is a sign noting the option for home delivery. Medication, alcohol, laundry(which by the way costs the same amount to have them pick it up and return it as it does for you to bring it to the place... why would anyone take it there themselves?), groceries etc. etc.
  • Men here keep their hair shaggy to longish here. It is rare to see any short/buzzed hair. Many people have said M G looks argentine! Absolutely ALL of the women have very long hair... because that is what the men like they say.
  • For the first time in my life I saw a homeless man pooing in the middle of a very busy sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment